This FREE  service gives Tri-State Bank of Memphis ATM / Debit Card holders the ability to receive and respond to text alerts on a number of card transactions. The number of alerts you receive will be based on the card usage. You will not receive more than one message per transaction. Some mobile providers require the we send a 30-day subscription reminder message to participates in the smsGuardian program.
Features and Benefits
- Easy enrollment
- Two-way text communication
- Enroll up to three devices
- Do-Not-Disturb window capability
- One year enrollment period
- Supports all major phone carriers
- International Generates an alert with any approved authorization originating outside the U.S.
- Out-of-State Generates an alert with any approved transaction that takes place outside your home state
- Transactions Greater Than Generates an alert with any approved transaction greater than the pre-determined daily amount set by Tri-State Bank of Memphis
- More Than a number of transactions in 24 Hour Period Generates an alert for any approved transaction greater than the pre-determined daily number set by Tri-State Bank of Memphis
- Fuel Generates an alert for any approved authorization at an automated fuel pump
- Card Not Present Generates an alert when an approved transaction was entered into the system manually (reading track one only, or manually keyed and recognized as e-commerce)
- Declined Authorization Generates an alert when a declined transaction takes place
How Does it Work?
- After an ATM or Debit Card transaction is initiated and sent to Tri-State Bank of Memphis for authorization, we use sophisticated technology to detect if any of the triggering rules noted above, are present. When a transaction triggers an alert, the smsGuardian system sends a text message to the mobile device that you have previously enrolled. (If you have multiple devices enrolled, they all receive the same alerts, text messages, confirmations, etc.)
- Review the text message once you receive it.
- If the transaction is not legitimate, immediately reply to the text message following the instructions you receive in the original text message. A unique code will be provided that you will use when replying to the text.
- Your reply then sets off a series of events to block further transactions from occurring on your card. A trained fraud analyst will then send you a follow up text message noting that your card has been blocked.
- You will then need to order a new card from Tri-State Bank of Memphis.
- If the alert is for an authorized transaction that you made, no action on your part is required.
Triggering transactions may be adjusted from time-to-time. For more questions, please contact us. This FREE  service is just another way that Tri-State Bank is here for you.
 Message and data rates may apply. Please contact your wireless service provider for more details.